Thursday, August 18, 2005

Joe Ranft died? Do people realize what a big deal this is?

Joe Ranft was one of the few people (from what I can tell) that kept Pixar from becoming a colossal pit of creative navel-gazers. I mean I love the raw material of a Pixar movie, maybe as much as the final product, but it seems like Mr Ranft was one of the few yeasty bits that made the soufflé rise into a tantalizing, edible treat. He was a straight-up mensch from all I can tell... and I am very sad and worried about this turn of events. Reminds me of the day Jim Henson suddenly evaporated-- and look what's happened to the muppet franchise.

Here's hoping there are other soft-hearted geniuses that have been able to infiltrate the robot-infested world of animated entertainment, and that they can leave their mark as hilariously as Mr Ranft.

http://www.ronniedelcarmen.com/blog1/blog.html

No comments: