Sunday, November 13, 2005

Here's a plea for help... anyone in the wide world know more about Doug Johnson, airbrush genius responsible for the shiny, almost-menacing-looking creatures on the covers of Judas Priest's 1980s albums -

Screaming for Vengeance






















and Defenders of the Faith?



I am hoping Doug will come forward to tell the story of these characters... they appear to be glistening monsters made of posterboard, electrical conduit, a host of neon lightbulbs, and some seashells. They give the impression that they fold neatly for storage, or something. I was really enthralled as a kid, now I'm mystified. And still wishing I had a t-shirt.

Mercifully, there are hundreds IF NOT THOUSANDS of hairy, unemployed men out there emailing furiously to get Mr Johnson back for ANOTHER JUDAS PRIEST ALBUM COVER so hold on to your hats.

I agree! Airbrush art rules!

In this kind of art, you can see different
artists, real talented people.

In computer graphics, everybody looks like everybody!

And honestly speaking I was very disappointed

with the cover of
Demolition.

It's too cheap for a Priest album!

The same is valid for Live Meltdown 98,

another cheap cover.

I think they should call Doug Johnson back and do a decent cover,

in the style of SCREAMING FOR VENGEANCE!

That would rock!


ROCK HARD RIDE FREE in 2005!!!!!!

- courtesy of The Metal God's Quorum http://www.robhalford.com/quorum/

I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Erhan Hosca said...

second this.