Friday, December 09, 2005


I used to work at the help desk at a Harvard Square bookstore. There was a guy who would drop in every so often and pass me (or anyone at the desk) page after page of notebook paper crammed with scrawled lists of important people that were part of an enormous conspiracy to overthrow the government, or something like that. I was entrusted with this information because I was supposed to pass it on to the President. I would instead keep these lists in my apartment, because they were completely bonkers, and earnest, and were fun to study and try to figure out why the guy was free-associating, in his under-medicated way, from one name to another.

For a visual idea of this unusual mental delicacy, pull up a chair and dig into Strings by Pshaw and just hold on to your meds. Wow. Little bit Marc Bell, little bit paperrad, and completely off-the-mooring gonzo. Enjoy!

No comments: