Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I am still grumpy about Joe Ranft's passing and now I understand that Jerry Juhl is gone too. http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1669 Ergh. Anybody who tried to go back to their childhood in the 1970s or 80s, and figure out why they have fond memories of Sesame Street and Muppet Show, even Fraggle Rock, must needs pause to appreciate how much work and soul Mr Juhl put into his job as writer for the muppets. I mean, really. Think about how much lame garbage is passed off as kids' entertainment and then think about some of the crazy wonderment that these Henson guys came up with, and gave to all of us kids back in the day. I tip my hat to Jerry Juhl and to Joe Ranft, who seemed to have a similar role as "soul" of Pixar, and scan the horizon for more talent with LOVE. Any suggestions???

No comments: