Saturday, October 08, 2005


I generally steer away from really tasteful authors, but feel obliged to come clean about someone I have completely fallen in love with this past summer. Maybe I'm the last guy to discover her, since she won the Booker prize and whatnot, but nobody has had the good sense to tell me about her so here goes: Penelope Fitzgerald anyone? Go with The Beginning of Spring and The Blue Flower and if they don't make your whole life more well-constructed, then just keep going: Human Voices, The Bookshop and Offshore. That's all I've gotten thru so far, but there's not a missed sentence in the lot. Holy frijoles! I love Penelope. The writer to end all writers (except Kafka). http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/ref=br_ss_hs/104-1217529-2778345?platform=gurupa&url=index%3Dblended&field-keywords=penelope+fitzgerald

No comments: