Thursday, September 07, 2006

I am always raving about free stuff on the web. There is an amazing amount of stuff wot is better than anything I could get my hands on growing up in the 80s, that is now to be had for free... if you know where to look. It's sort of the raison d'être for the AFATECS blog, really (since I so seldom work on my own comic).

It is with great fanfare, then, that I allow that I blew some money on something. Just got vols 1&2 of Darwyn Cooke's New Frontier, and I would gladly buy it all over again. This guy kills me with his writing, and sends me completely with his updated-1940s-style art. Truly a comix powerhouse.

As is usual for my comix recommendations, this is not hot-off-the-press (it's from 2004). I never really go into comix stores, so I'm out of the loop. But if I have somehow found out about M. Cooke before you, please go drop a couple bucks at Amazon and start reading. Really top-drawer material!

No comments: